When September rolls around, you’ll find yourself looking for quick, yet healthy dinners to throw together on a busy weekday evening. Time pressures are an everyday factor of motherhood, so we’re here to help you out with some tasty, quick and nutritious recipes to suit your busy lifestyle.
Fish fingers are an old favourite of ours and such a crowd pleaser. This recipe will only take 20 minutes before you are devouring it and getting a second serving. Recipe courtesy of ilovecooking.ie
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 280g hake fillet
- 2 eggs
- 80g plain flour
- 120g fine white breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Sunflower oil
- 1 lemon
- Cut the hake fillet into chunky strips.
- Whisk the eggs and pour into a shallow dish. In another shallow dish add breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Pout flour onto another shallow dish.
- Pat the fish with kitchen paper. Then dip the egg, then coat in the flour back into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs making sure the fish is completely covered.
- Using a wok or a deep frying pan add sunflower oil filling it halfway. Heat oil to a medium heat. Start to deep fry the fish in batches. Make sure the fish sizzles when it goes in otherwise it will not be crispy when it’s cooked. Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden. Turn the fish half way through.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- For a healthier option preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6. On a wire rack, place all the fish and place in the oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes until golden. Make sure to turn them half way through cooking.
You should also try these yummy quick and easy recipes:Vegetable Fried Rice Mexican Meatball Fajita Chicken Quesadilla View more “Quick & Easy” recipes