eumedia Limited (t/a eumom) is a company registered in the Republic of Ireland (registration no. 502270), with its registered office at 6th Floor, South Bank House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4. Our office location is at 3 Bath Place, Blackrock, Co. Dublin A94 R3K7. If you have any query or concern about your data, please don’t hesitate to contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our office address.
As a member of eumom you are part of a community which is rewarded occasionally with relevant coupons, offers and information sent by, post, email or SMS. These rewards are offered by our carefully selected partners and agencies.
This privacy statement may be changed from time to time. When we do make any change we will notify you by adding an “updated” icon next to the Privacy link on the front page of the site for one month from the date of the change. By continuing to use the site you agree to these changes.
Information We Collect
We collect the following information:
- Information which you supply on registration via the Collection Card provided in the Pregnancy Diary or leaflet or via online registration form
- Comments you post on our forums or blogs
- Information provided to us by email or private message or in response to research surveys and competition entries
- Information related to your use of eumom.ie’s services generally, such as the frequency and length of time you access the eumom.ie website
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged for our statistical purposes. The technical details logged include:
- The IP address of each visitor and the domain of the internet service provider
- The previous website address from which a visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- “Clickstream” data which shows the traffic of visitors around eumom.ie
- The type of web browser used by a visitor
We also use outside providers for web-site statistics. These providers use visitors’ IP addresses but do not have access to users’ usernames or email addresses. The primary provider we use is Google Analytics. You can find further information on the information which it collects at http://www.google.com/analytics/.
What we do with Information Collected
The personal information you provide when registering with eumom is used to create a personal profile that will allow us to tailor the content of our site to your needs and to send you relevant information by email, post or SMS.
This information may also be used to better understand the interests and opinions of our members, tell you about the services and products which may be of interest to you and for statistical purposes.
In particular, we may use or disclose your information for the following reasons:
- To contact you for marketing purposes
- To allow third party companies to contact you to offer special deals and offers to our members which we believe are relevant and rewarding. (If you do not wish to be contacted by third parties, you can advise us by emailing email@example.com and we will change your contact options OR go to My Profile page, at the bottom of the page click on the ‘Delete My Account’ and click submit. If you encounter any difficulties while doing this please do not hesitate in contacting us by phone 01 280 5050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To address technical problems or service complaints
- We may use this information to deal with cases of illegal activity, abuse or harassment
- We may transfer this information to enable an external auditor to verify our website traffic figures
- We may disclose this information where required by law to do so
- We may disclose this information to law enforcement, government officials or courts where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate; and
- We may disclose this information where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate for the protection of the legitimate interests of ourselves or of a third party
Amending your details & access to personal data
Once registered with eumom, you can access and amend all of your personal details at any time by logging in to the “My Profile” area of the website. In doing so you ensure that the information held by eumom is accurate, complete and up to date at all times.
Should you experience any difficulty doing so, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or call us on 01 280 5050. We will amend or rectify your information promptly.
Under section 4 of the Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003, you have a right to be given a copy of your personal data. You may do so by sending us a request in writing (posted to Eumedia Ltd (t/a Eumom), 3 Bath Place, Blackrock, Co. Dublin A94 R3K7. eumom will reply to you within 40 calendar days.
Once you register on the website, your information shall be retained by eumom for the duration of an individual’s membership. Membership is for an indefinite period but may be terminated at any time by visiting the My Profile page, at the bottom of the page click on the ‘Delete My Account’ and click submit. If you encounter any difficulties while doing this please do not hesitate in contacting us by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred from a website to the hard drive of your computer so that the website may identify you and track your activities in the website. Our cookies only recognise your computer and do not know or store any personal information about you apart from your due date and county. You may choose not to enable your cookies in your browser if your browser permits, although you need to enable the cookies to use the site properly.
Cookies that are currently set are ..
- Website session. This cookie enables you to have a seemless experience on the site so you don’t have to keep logging in and out of the site. Once you log in, your browser keeps you logged in for 30 days as you’ll notice that the ‘Remember Me’ check box is auto ticked. If you un-check this, you will be logged out when they quit the browser, or after 2 days.
- Quantserve by Quantcast. Quantcast provides free, accurate and dependable audience insights for over 100 million web and mobile destinations. With detailed demographic, geographic and lifestyle information, Quantcast gives you the best understanding of your on-line, mobile web and mobile app audiences.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics gives key insights that help drive the evolution of our site on our mobile app and desktop. It shows us exactly how people are using our site on each platform.
- Sharethis. This is used to allow you to share our content around the web. You’ll see this functionality on individual article pages.
- Double Click. This is our ad server and responsible for all adverts you see on our site.
eumedia Limited (t/a eumom) understands that our customers are concerned about the security of their personal details. Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable information or private communications will remain private.
Emails to the site
All submissions to the site become the property of Eumedia Ltd (t/a eumom) and we will have the right to use them free of charge and in any manner. If you do not want your submissions to become the property of Eumedia Ltd (t/a eumom), please do not submit to our site.
Use of Forums
Forums and bulletin boards are open to the general public. You should be aware that personal information that you disclose by way of message boards or chat rooms can be collected and used by third parties who are unknown to you or to Eumedia Ltd (t/a eumom). Therefore, eumom gives no guarantee in relation to the security of information that you disclose online and you acknowledge and agree that you do so at your own risk. In addition, Eumedia Ltd (t/a eumom) reserves the right to delete any information posted on the site by users that it considers to be in breach of the terms and conditions of use of the site.
When using the forums, eumom recommends that you never openly disclose personal details such as your email address, postal address or phone number in view of all members. The “direct messaging” facility allows forum users to privately communicate with each other without publicly posting your personal contact details.
Please note that on deletion of your eumom account, your forum posts cannot and will not be removed. However, your forum alias will automatically be changed to eumom guest thus unidentifying you from any association with the posts.
By registering to use eumom’s website you agree to receive email communications from eumom which includes newsletters, and from time to time some relevant special offers, discounts or coupons on behalf of our partners. When you register with eumom you can choose to receive your personal pregnancy email on a weekly basis for the duration of your pregnancy.
You can choose to suspend these email subscriptions at any time, by updating your status in the “My Profile” area of the website. By opting out of email subscription, you will also be opting out of using the eumom forums and other restricted areas of the site. In this way, membership is terminated.
All of our email communications also include a link to opt-out of our email databases and thereby opting out of website membership. Should you experience any difficulty unsubscribing from any of our emails, please contact us at email@example.com and we will rectify the problem upon receipt of your request.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you or rectify any personal information which is incorrect or incomplete under the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please supply details of your username and email address which you supplied when registering. Please note that to protect your privacy we may require further information to verify your identity.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at email@example.com.