What Information Do We Collect About You
We collect the following information:
- Information which you supply on registration via online registration form, Collection Card at events or SMS
- Information provided to us voluntarily by email or private message or in response to research surveys and competition entries
- Permission provided to us voluntarily by written consent when taking part in product testing, recorded focus groups and live events
- Information related to your use of eumom.ie’s services generally, such as the frequency and length of time you access the eumom.ie website
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged for our statistical purposes. The technical details logged include:
- The IP address of each visitor and the domain of the internet service provider
- The previous website address from which a visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- The type of web browser used by a visitor
We also use Google Analytics for web-site statistics. The Provider uses visitors’ IP addresses but do not have access to users’ usernames or email addresses. You can find further information on the information which it collects at http://www.google.com/analytics/
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- The Website functionality e.g. user sessions
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Our cookies only recognise your computer and do not know or store any personal information about you.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
Where we store your personal data
Member details are retained securely in two databases. A unique member ID is used as the unique identifier to match corresponding member records in both databases.
Arekibo (based in Dublin, Republic of Ireland) are eumom.ie’s website developers. Member data access is only approved to named Arekibo staff with a valid reason to have access to member data.
We use Salesforce (based in San Francisco, California, USA) for managing communication subscriptions. The information you provide when you register is transferred securely to Salesforce for processing in accordance with their Privacy Shield Notice and Trust and Compliance Documents.
How will we use the information about you?
The personal information you provide when registering with eumom is used to create a personal profile that will allow us to tailor the content of our site to your needs and to send you relevant information by email, post or SMS.
This information may also be used to better understand your interests and opinions, tell you about services and products which may be of interest to you and for statistical purposes.
If you consent, we may use your information for the following reasons:
- To send you relevant and supportive content customised to your profile information. For example, weekly personalised emails on your baby’s growth
- To contact you for marketing purposes
- To send you offers which we believe are relevant and rewarding from trusted partner companies. Examples of partner companies that we work with include, SuperValu, Pregnacare and Unilever. However, communication will always come from us and we will never share your data with any third parties, without first requesting your permission. If you do not want communication from us about partner information, you can click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any eumom email and untick Partner Communications and Offers in the Communications Preferences box and then click submit. You can also advise us by emailing email@example.com and we will change your contact options for you. If you encounter any difficulties while doing this please do not hesitate to contact us by phone 01 280 5050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To address technical problems or service complaints
- We may use this information to deal with cases of illegal activity, abuse or harassment
- We may transfer this information to enable an external auditor to verify our website traffic figures
- We may disclose this information where required by law to do so
- We may disclose this information to law enforcement, government officials or courts where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate; and
- We may disclose this information where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate for the protection of the legitimate interests of ourselves or of a third party
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Once registered with eumom, you can access and amend the personal details you gave us at any time by logging in to the “My Profile” area of the website. In doing so you ensure that the information held by eumom is accurate, complete and up to date at all times.
If you have given permission to receive email communications from eumom, you can update your communication preferences by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any eumom email or through regular prompts to update your communication preferences. Clicking either of these buttons will open your ‘Communication Preference Centre.’ Here, you will see what types of communication you have selected to receive and update it, as you choose. For example, you may choose to only receive Baby Development Updates and Competitions.
Should you experience any difficulty doing so, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or call us on 01 280 5050. We will amend or rectify your information promptly.
You have a right to be given a copy of your personal data and we are committed to upholding the rights of individuals and have dedicated processes in place for providing access to your personal information. You may do so by sending us a request in writing and post to Eumedia Ltd (t/a eumom), 12 Prince of Wales Terrace, Quinsborough Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow, A98 V0H4, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your request, you will be asked to complete the Subject Access Request Form. This is to protect your information and rights. We will endeavour to provide all information you have provided within your eumom Personal Profile, at the time of registration or at any subsequent updates. Please note, we cannot provide any additional activity such as competition entries or surveys. We will respond to your request within 30-days from receipt of the Subject Access Request Form. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Once you register on the website, your information shall be retained by eumom for the duration of your membership. Your membership is defined as active if you are opening and/ or engaging with communication from us or you are regularly logged in when visiting the eumom website. You may terminate your membership at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com and saying you would like to terminate your membership.
If we do not have your permission to contact you by email or post, and you have not been in touch with us, your membership will cease after 18 months. If we have your permission to communicate by email but you are no longer opening the emails, your membership will be classified as inactive. We will contact you to let you know that your account is classified as inactive and give you the option to re-activate your account, by logging in to the website and updating your details or adjusting your communication preferences through email. If you do not engage with this messaging we will cancel your membership.
However, you are very welcome to re-join eumom again at anytime.
What’s going to happen to your account once membership is cancelled?
Data pertaining to your account will be deleted.
Why are we doing this?
In compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will be removing user data for accounts that are no longer active.
How to contact us
Eumedia Ltd (T/A) eumom
12 Prince of Wales Terrace
Bray, Co. Wicklow, A98 V0H4