Celebrating 10 Years of the eumom Gift Bag with You
The eumom gift bag has been celebrating & supporting new moms for 10 years!
That’s 10 years of providing new moms in Ireland with gorgeous free products, and samples from the very best brands; as well as trusted expert advice.
In February this year to celebrate, we ran a 10 year-10 store Surprise and Delight Giveaway: 10 stores were randomly selected and we surprised the lucky moms when they were collecting their gift bag, with an additional surprise gift!
Some of our moms had lovely stories to tell:
1. Nally's SuperValu, in Trim. We couldn't have asked for a more amazing mom to win - her story is so inspiring: Our winning mom Tracy Carroll gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, named Willow, on 1st December 2016. Tracy suffered a placenta abruption which can be fatal. Baby Willow was gravely ill, and not expected to survive the night - Tracy and her husband were told to prepare for their little girls' funeral.
But Willow not only survived that night, but began an incredible recovery that has seen her defy all medical odds and continue to come along in strides. It turns out that Willow was living up to her name - the strongest tree in Nature. At the time of the giveaway Tracy told us Willow was initially tube fed but was now exclusively breast fed, and she was moving her head and limbs which is something doctors never expected to see.
Tracy was thrilled to get her extra prize and wanted to give particular mention to the Jack & Jill Foundation, and Cavan Hospital.
2. The SuperValu Castlebar winner was Pauline Carney who has a gorgeous baby daughter called Fiadh, who is a ‘text book’ baby and a dream for her adoring parents.
3. Our SuperValu Glanmire winner was Susan Prendergast. She already had Nicholas, Ella & Oliver at home and was due to have baby no. 4! She picked up the eumom gift bag with all her ‘babies’ in tow, and was so enthusiastic about the bag and how great an initiative it is.
Her three little ones were helping her pick a name for the new arrival, and they were going through the alphabet picking a letter each week. That week was ‘S’ with names like ‘Samson’ & ‘Scarlett' making the cut.
We wonder what they settled with when baby number 4 was born in June this year!
4. In SuperValu Ballincollig we met mom Audrey O’Leary. She was shopping with her husband, Seán, and two little ones. She was also expecting a new arrival, due in April. Little Darragh was just 9 months old so she will have her hands full, but big brother John couldn't wait to help out.
5. Mom to Matthew Joseph, Kathryn McIvor was delighted to win €50 SuperValu voucher at Fleming's in Monaghan.
6. Mom of 6, Amanda Geraghty from Tallaght, picked up her surprise gift in SuperValu, Lucan. She’s been a valued member of eumom since her first baby and remembers picking up her eumom box in a pharmacy.
7. Clare O’Neill was the lucky winner in Killester.
8. Rachel McLoughlin was the lucky winner in SuperValu Blackrock. Shopping with her gorgeous 6 month old son Finn – she was delighted to win while picking up her bag!
9. Frances, who was expecting her third baby, was thrilled to win in SuperValu Arklow.
10. The SuperValu Portumna winner was Marie O'Donnell, who was due her third baby.
READ ALSO: Celebrating 10 years of the eumom Gift Bag with some familiar faces