21 Simple Ways To Treat Yourself On Maternity Leave
After all the excitement of getting ready for the baby, and starting maternity leave; you might find yourself suddenly free, with nothing to do but wait. But what should you do in those last few days before becoming a mom? It's time to make the most of me-time, and take this opportunity to enjoy some much needed relaxation.
If you need a bit of inspiration for how to spend this time (which will seem far too short in hindsight) check out these simple ways to treat yourself:
1. Light a lovely smelling candle.
2. Read your favourite magazine from cover to cover.
3. Go out for lunch by yourself (and order dessert.)
4. Paint your nails a new colour.
5. Sort through your clothes, and give anything you don't want to charity.
6. Read a book on how to bring up your baby.
7. Make a cake to wow your friends.
8. Cook some meals (and treats) to keep in the freezer for when the baby has arrived.
9. Have a long bath.
10. Go for an evening walk with your other half (or best friend), and enjoy your uninterrupted evenings.
11. Get a wax.
12. Write a letter to the baby, that you can read back to them someday.
13. Cull annoying Facebook 'friends' before they start being nosey about baby news.
14. Get some of your favourite photos printed.
15. Make a playlist to take to the hospital, and one for your baby.
16. Prep a friend to buy a newspaper on the day baby is born: You'll forget in the moment, and it's a great memento to have.
17. Download boxsets to binge on while breastfeeding.
18. Listen to a podcast.
19. Go to the cinema by yourself, for an afternoon film.
20. Do some very gentle yoga.
21. Have a nap!
These suggestions can also make a great inspiration list, any time you're trying to give a little boost to someone who is ill, or feeling blue. You can add any minor alterations you fancy to give it the personal touch; or include little treats like nail varnish or a magazine to turn it into a real gift.