Why I Love Pregnancy Aqua Aerobics!
Hi everyone, my name is Shelly and I’m from mummybootcamp.ie! I’m expecting my first baby this year and I’m eager to keep active during my pregnancy.Shelly Bootcamp Ireland
One of the exercises I decided to take up during my pregnancy is Aqua Aerobics. I do them in my local gym every Monday night and I have to say, I’m a big fan.
The class takes place in a pool where the water is up to just above my waist (Im 5ft 7′) so you always feel confident that you can touch the ground and use the floor for the bounce movements.
6 Reasons I Love Pregnancy Aqua Aerobics:
- My body temperature remains low due to being surrounded by tepid water, I never feel overheated during class
- I don’t feel that my heart rate ever gets too high. I haven’t yet gotten totally out of breath and I could always have a conversation during it
- When in the water, I feel so light and I can take part in each exercise without feeling aches or pains that I might feel without the water for support.
- They use floats as weights so I can make it more challenging if I like.
- I feel really connected to my baby – as the baby is submerged in liquid and so am I! During the session I like to place my hand on my belly (when i get a chance) so I feel like we are in the water together.
- I sleep really well the night that I train and I also feel that it’s helping me maintain my cardio and helping me get ready for labour.
I have found it a really safe yet effective workout to do during pregnancy and it’s the only thing that comes close to a high intensity workout without the attached worry. I find the music and encouragement from instructor really keeps me going!
for more information on staying fit and healthy during pregnancy. Shelly x