Safe Sleeping with AeroSleep
Creating a safe sleeping environment for your baby
Did you know that some newborn babies can sleep up to 20 hours a day? Of course for many new moms, that might just be wishful thinking. Settling into a sleep routine takes time but creating a safe and comfortable sleeping environment for your new arrival can help your baby sleep longer. And that means a little more precious sleep for you too.
Tips for safe sleeping
- Choose a mattress protector and sheet that ensures air flows freely around your baby so he always stays dry and does not get too warm.
- Make sure that you have a firm mattress that fits the cot properly.
- Always practice “back to sleep” – put your baby to sleep on his back at the foot of the cot.
- Keep the cot free from loose, soft items such as untucked blankets or stuffed animals. Many moms use a baby sleeping bag.
- Use a room thermometer to help maintain the recommended room temperature of 18°C.
- Create a calm ambience in a dark room by using a nightlight or try calming music to soothe your baby to sleep.
Ask your midwife or local health nurse for the latest guidelines on safe sleeping for your baby.
AeroSleep, the number 1 choice for eumoms
AeroSleep have been providing safe sleeping solutions and peace of mind for moms across Europe for over 20 years. The AeroSleep range is safe, hygienic and practical, helping babies and moms to sleep soundly.
Safe: Should your baby roll onto his tummy, the air layer in the AeroSleep means he can still breathe freely. The honeycomb structure also helps to reduce the risk of your baby overheating.
Hygienic: The moisture-absorbing inner layer, together with the impenetrable protective final layer ensure your child is protected from skin irritations, moisture, bacteria, allergens and even dust mites.
Practical: All moisture penetrates the honeycomb structure and is absorbed by the inner layer, keeping the mattress clean and your baby dry. Your AeroSleep Baby Protect is easy to wash at 60°C, the recommended temperature to kill bacteria. As it fits on any mattress, AeroSleep is ideal for taking with you on trips or holidays, ensuring your baby always sleeps safely.
Find out more about safe sleeping with AeroSleep at www.AeroSleep.ie
Find your nearest AeroSleep stockist