17 Hilarious Memories From The Labour Ward
They say the tea and toast you get after giving birth is one of the tastiest meals you will ever have, and one of the most memorable things from the whole event.
Labour can be fairly tough going and it's pretty normal to not remember all of it, but sometimes the things you do remember are just absolutely hilarious! The moms over on our Facebook page were chatting about their most random and funny memories from the labour ward, and we thought they were so funny, we just had to share with you!
1. I had a caesarian section on my dear son and after he had been taken out I could feel the doctor taking out the afterbirth and I went into a fit of laughter. So much so that the doc thought I had gone into cardiac arrest! After a while he asked why I was laughing, so I said to him, "I told my husband that you had left your Rolex inside and you were searching for it!" Still laugh at it 11 years later!
2. I was so out of it from the gas I was convinced the midwife was Kerry Katona and started screaming to get her the f@%k out of the room! It was a very weird experience.
3. I went into labour at the hairdresser's three weeks ago! Only I didn't know that the pain I was having was labour pains so I held on for the few hours it took for the cut and colour. Then I headed off to the hospital "just in case"...two hours later my daughter was born!
4. I got happily attached to the gas. To the point where I was happily sucking on it even between contractions. Midwife tried to take the tube off me, I grabbed it back and hissed "Gimme that! It's MINE!!!" Like a child lol.
5. The end fell off the bed just after I had given birth, I was trying to hold on to the baby and grip the sheets so I wouldn't fall out of the bed while my husband went to get help!
6. I insisted that I needed to go to the loo during labour. The midwife told me I didn't, it was just the pressure of the baby's head! I insisted so much they gave in. I sat on the loo with my hubby holding my hand as I cried on his shoulder that I didn't really need to go but couldn't go back out until they thought I did!!
7. On my third baby, my husband got a wheelchair for me as I couldn't walk. We got to the delivery ward, jumped up on the bed, pulled off my leggings and hadn't even time to ask the midwife her name before the baba popped out!
8. I was in the middle of eating brekkie after having my waters broken about an hour before, contractions started 3 minutes apart from the get go, and baba was out 15 minutes before lunch ended. When I saw the tray with the tea and toast coming in, I could actually see little angels with halos floating around it!
9. Funniest moment from my first labour was thinking "it's a marshmallow world in the winter" was on the radio, turns out I was singing it. Second: Telling the midwife to go on her break because it was the middle of the night and God love her she must be hungry, while I was in the middle of a massive contraction and had my daughter 15 minutes later...
10. The nurse tried to take the gas off me so I threatened to throw her out the window. The things nurses have to listen to!
11. Asking the student doctor did he want some gas as he was starting to look pale. Funny out that was!
12. I went into labour in the bus station in Cork with my small boy 9 weeks early and was rushed for an emergency section because of all the hype. I woke up after having my boy the first thing I remember thinking was "I have only one sock on". I couldn't understand why I only had the one sock and I still laugh about it now!
13. I was in the middle of labour and was very happy on the gas and all I wanted was a twist tub ice cream. I also kept naming random songs that I thought were playing on the radio that were not playing at all.
14. I was in labour on my first when things started to go sour and I was rushed to the High Dependency Unit. They were preparing for an emergency section when apparently a young student nurse started listing questions off of a sheet to me.. I wasn't in my right mind at this stage and when she asked what formula I wanted for baby, I replied "just give her whatever the f@%k you want!". My partner told me about it afterwards and I'm still embarrassed to this day!
15. While I was in slow labour in hospital with my first baby I got my husband to go home and get my hair straighteners. Needless to say once baby arrived the last thing I had the chance to do was GHD my hair lol!
16. When I was in labour, I got my partner to run to Penneys to get beauty supplies and I plucked my eyebrows and gave myself a mini facial as I wanted a really nice first picture with my baby. Due baby number 2 any minute now and certainly don't care what I look like this time!
17. It wasn't funny at the time, but after a disastrous delivery followed by stitches, they put the stirrups down and clipped the end of the bed back on incorrectly, so it dropped off and I nearly went arse first on the floor. It took three, including my husband, to hold me up and try put the bed back together. I can laugh about it now but I cried at the time, it could only happen to me!
Did anything hilarious happen to you while giving birth? Let us know in the comments!