Easy Banoffee Pie Recipe
Banoffee Pie has to be one of my all-time favourite desserts. So comforting and so tasty!
This recipe is really simple to make and will take you no time at all. Best of all, it can be made ahead of time and frozen for 4 weeks. That's if it survives long enough to make it in to the freezer! This Banoffee Pie Recipe is courtesy of Fyffes
For the crust
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100g butter, melted
For the filling
- 1 (397g) tin caramel (dulce de leche)
- 3-4 bananas
- 300ml fresh cream, whipped to soft peak
- 1 tbsp plain cocoa
- To make the crust, add melted butter to the crushed biscuits, then mix well. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 20cm (8 inch) loose bottomed pie dish. Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes.
- Spread caramel over the biscuit base, then cover with a layer of sliced banana. Spoon whipped cream over the banana, then sprinkle with cocoa powder. Chill until ready to serve.
- Will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.
- Crust can be made ahead of time and kept refrigerated covered in clingfilm for up to a week, or frozen for 4 weeks.
View More Sweet Treat Recipes
This article has been sponsored by Fyffes