Sign Up To Easy Food For Yummy Recipes, Cooking Videos, Tips & More
Tired of your usual 'go-to' meals each week? Looking to add a little more flavour to your kitchen?
Well, you're in the right place! We’re delighted to tell you about a brand new monthly recipe newsletter, in collaboration with Easy Food, who are now part of the eumom family, due to the merger with Zahra Media Group!
All you have to do is sign up below to the Easy Food newsletter and you will receive:
- A fresh serving each month of family-friendly recipes
- A step-by-step cooking demo video
- A fun Kids’ Kitchen recipe, that your little ones will love
- Top Tips from the Easy Food cooking experts!
Here's a taster of what's to come to whet your appetite!
This Month's Tasty Video:
Easy Food's Apple Puff Bites For Kids
This Month's Recipe:
- 120g butter, plus extra for topping
- 2 large leeks, cut in half lengthways and sliced into 1cm pieces
- 150g mushrooms, halved
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned and cut into bitesized pieces
- 250ml milk
- 30g plain flour
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 800g potatoes, chopped into even-sized chunks
- 1 splash of milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch of chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Melt 25g of the butter in a pan over a medium-low heat and add the leeks. Cook for 20-25 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally, then remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the mushrooms in another 25g of the butter for 6-8 minutes until soft and golden. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce, heat the milk in a pan until almost boiling, then reduce the temperature to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, melt 30g of butter in a separate pan and then slowly whisk in the flour to form a paste. Cook for one minute, stirring continuously, then slowly add the hot milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and add the cumin. Simmer over a low heat for a further 20 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water until tender. Mash with the remaining butter, then add just enough milk to make a creamy mash. Stir through the chives.
- Line an ovenproof dish with half of the leeks. Add a layer of salmon chunks, then a layer of mushrooms and cover with a layer of sauce. Continue layering in this way until the layers are about 1cm from the top of the dish.
- Top the pie with the chive mash and use a fork to create small ridges. Dot with a few small knobs of butter and then bake for 40-45 minutes, until the edges are bubbling and the top is golden.
Saturated Fat 13.5g
Like what you see? Sign Up Now!
To receive your FREE monthly family food inspiration, please submit the form below:
By clicking submit you are giving eumom permission to confidentially share the above details with our partners at Easy Food only. You will only receive emails from Easy Food & Easy Food will not share your details with anyone else.