This recipe for Beef Fajitas courtesy of ilovecooking.ie is quick and easy; and it's sure to please your family or friends! If you're stuck for time, it is just as delicious with a store-bought packet of classic fajita seasoning; though as a recipe you're bound to make again and again, getting the individual spices might prove much cheaper in the long run!
It can also be made using strips of pork, chicken, or extra veggies; if you want to mix things up.
Serves: 4-6 Prep time: 5 Minutes Cook time: 10 Minutes
- 400-500g minute steaks, cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt flakes
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 8 tortilla wraps
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Grated Manchego cheese
- Sour Cream
- Toss the beef with the spices and large pinch of salt.
- Heat a large pan on medium high heat with a dash of olive oil. Once hot, add the seasoned beef and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the onion and bell peppers and another pinch of salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until vegetables have softened but still have a bit of a bite.
- Remove from the pan, strew with chopped coriander then serve with warmed tortilla wraps and other fajita favourites like Manchego cheese, salsa and sour cream.
View more Kids Choice recipes!
I Love Cooking is home to Ireland’s best collection of tried & tasted recipes from leading chefs & food writers. Get cooking tips, how to videos and the very latest in food news. Visit ilovecooking.ie for more great recipes.