Herby Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
A nice way to include the all important cruciferous veg like broccoli and cauliflower.
If you can’t get hold of fresh herbs, dried will do, just use 1 tsp though.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 4 carrots, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups rocket
Preheat the oven to 200C. Spread the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots on 2 baking trays. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice. Toss the vegetables in the dressing to coat them. Roast in the oven for 20/30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Meanwhile, mix the rosemary, tarragon and thyme in a small bowl. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper and coat with the herbs. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Place the chicken in the pan and cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve the chicken over the arugula and serve with roasted vegetables.