FAMILY FAVE RECIPE: A fluffy egg omelette, with potato slices for extra heartiness. Delicious served with a salad and green vegetables.
Choose whether you prefer a classic option, like below, where herbs flavour the omelette, or try adding in some stronger flavours like chopped chorizo. Serves 3-4
- 500g new potatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley or chives
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat, add the onion and potatoes and gently sauté for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Strain the oil from the potatoes and onion and transfer into a bowl (reserve the oil for later).
- Whisk the eggs and stir into the potato and onion mixture together with the parsley. Season well.
- Heat a little of the reserved oil in a smaller frying pan over a medium heat, then transfer the potato and egg mixture into the pan.
- Use a spatula to smooth and flatten the potato mixture around the pan, then cook until set and slightly brown underneath.
- Turn the omelette out onto a plate, then gently slide back into the frying pan to cook the other side and cook until set.
- When cooked, slide out gently onto a plate and cut into quarters. Serve with green vegetables and a salad on the side.
Share your comments below!