Neven Maguire's Chicken & Chorizo Rice Bake
FAMILY FAVE RECIPE: This hearty meal will have your family filled with delightful flavours without the hassle that sometimes comes with cooking dinner.
This recipe is simple, realistic, and delicious! Serves 4 Total Time: 60 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 25g butter
- 4 chicken breast fillets (skin on and quality assured)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g raw chorizo sausage, peeled and sliced
- 350g Uncle Ben's long grain rice
- 750ml chicken stock
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F/Gas mark 4). Add one tablespoon of oil to a casserole dish with a lid. Add half of the butter and then place on the hob to heat.
- Season the chicken breasts, add to the dish skin-side down, then cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Turn over and cook for another minute or so until sealed. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the pan, and then tip in onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened, but not coloured.
- Add the chorizo and Uncle Ben’s rice and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring until the chorizo has begun to release its oil and all the rice grains are well coated.
- Pour the stock into the pan, stirring to combine and then fold in the red onion. Arrange the chicken on top, pushing the breasts down into the Uncle Ben’s rice. Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the chicken and rice are cooked through and tender. Scatter over the parsley and place directly on the table to serve.
Do you have any other yummy recipes which your family love? Share them with us!