Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
FAMILY FAVE RECIPE: Cut down on time and energy with this delicious simple chicken dish.
For a budget meal use 8 chicken drumsticks or thighs instead of the chicken fillets and cook about 15 minutes longer. (Remove the skin from legs and thigh before frying)
Total Time: 35 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1 Onion (Slice)
- 2 slices Bacon (Fat removed and diced.)
- 2 tblsp Olive oil
- 2 Carrots (Cubed)
- 1 Chopped Tomatoes (Can)
- 4 Chicken fillets
- 1 Pinch Seasoning
- 300 mls Chicken Stock (Low salt)
- Preheat Oven
- Oven Temperature: 350ºF – 180ºC – Gas Mark 4 – Moderate
- Slice and dice onion and bacon, heat oil in a frying pan, add onions fry for 2 minutes.
- Add to the onions, fry for a few minutes. Place the contents of the frying pan into a casserole dish.
- Add carrots and tomatoes to casserole dish. Stir. Season lightly
- Seal chicken breasts in the heated oil until a golden brown and place on top of vegetables in the casserole dish.
- Make up chicken stock and pour over the vegetables, but not over the chicken.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.or until chicken is cooked or golden brown. Baste with juices a few times during cooking.
- Serve directly onto warm plates preferably with a green vegetable like garden peas and baby boiled potatoes or rice.