Herby Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
A nice way to include the all-important cruciferous veg like broccoli and cauliflower. (Yes, we had to Google 'cruciferous' too, but it's a good word!)
If you can’t get hold of fresh herbs, dried will do, just use 1 tsp though.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 4 carrots, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups rocket
Preheat the oven to 200C. Spread the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots on 2 baking trays. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice. Toss the vegetables in the dressing to coat them. Roast in the oven for 20/30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
Meanwhile, mix the rosemary, tarragon and thyme in a small bowl. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper and coat with the herbs.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Place the chicken in the pan and cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through.
Serve the chicken over the arugula and serve with roasted vegetables.
The beauty of roasted veg, is that you can throw in whatever you fancy ... obviously carrots and potatoes also work well; but try out red or yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, or even whole cloves of garlic! Yum.