noscript

Home Forums Pregnancy Moms-to-be Slightly embarrasing… piles advice?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mrsjay 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

mamainua
    Participant

Hi ladies, was hoping some of you would have an idea what I could do! My DS is 9 months old and I suffered mildly with piles at about week 12 of the pregnancy but I’ve had them since the birth and they’re driving me around the bend! They’re internal most of the time unless I actually use the bathroom then they go away again afterwards but the stinginess is always there! Any advice? Really don’t want to have to go to my doc/pharmacist for advice!! Thanks in advance!

hedelphium
    Participant

What about going to a WellWoman clinic or something like that?  You deserve to have this sorted out.  I know it’s mortifying.   I don’t have any other advice, I have one that I’ve had for years and it sort of filled again during my last birth and occasionally during this pregnancy but I’ve never used anything as it doesn’t bother me. I did buy some Anusol but didn’t use it.

Hope you get some relief soon.

mamainua
    Participant

Thanks Helelphium! To be honest I’ve been just hoping they’ll go away on their own! Does anyone know if they can go away on their own or do they have to have treatment? I’m not overweight, never constipated and excercise regularly so I can’t really understand why they’re still here!!

Snow Patrol
    Participant

Mamainua

Try Anusol HC available over the counter from your pharmacy. (Or buy it online if you are too embarassed). Otherwise there is an excellent prescription medicine called scheriproct if you do decide to get medical advice. If its minor enough it could go away by itself but sometimes they can just keep annoying you so you eventually need help!!!

I bought anusol twice in the past 6 months in the pharmacy and they didnt blink once at me! They are well used to it!! If you are getting anusol, make sure you get the HC (hydrocortisone) version as its better. You can get cream, ointment or suppository. Go to a pharmacy away from your neighbourhood and just think to yourself, I’ll never see this person again!!

HTH and best of luck!

mamainua
    Participant

You’re right snowpatrol I’ll do that! Thanks a million for the advice ladies! Nice to have somewhere anonymous that you can ask these questions! [biggrin]

Alley1
    Participant

I also bought it plenty of time in the pharmacy and as said they don’t bat an eye lid. If they do persist I would go to your doctor as its a very common problem especially after childbirth, I have had them all through pregnacy. I find a warm bath and then apply the cream really helps.You can get stronger creams from the doctor too.

mamainua
    Participant

Thanks again for the advice girls, got the Anusol HC yesterday and it made a great difference! You were right about the pharmacy too they didn’t bat an eyelid! [biggrin]

seawolf
    Participant

Hi There same problem. Since 6 weeks after birth and baby is 7 months now. What helped me is usuing baby wipes, do not use toilet roll!!!!!!!! I also take flaxseed its in a packet in the health food shop or in health foods at dunnes. It helps the stool to be soft as hard poo hurt to push out which makes things worse. I have gone from it feeling like razor blades coming out to it still being painful but not unbearable. I went to the doctor and said it bleeds everytime i poo when i was about 3 months after giving birth! its really important that you do tell your doctor, i wasnt examed but it is better she or he is aware of whats going on. for example blood on the side on poo is normal from piles but blood in poo can be the sign of some much more serious.

Well hope u get it sorted but baby wipes and flaxseed defo helped me alot goodluck ,let me know if it works!!

mrs ed
    Participant

At my last check up I said it to my male doctor and he just gave me presciption just said oh ya very common, then he said do you want to hop up on the table and we have a look.  I was stressed I said no no your grand it’s fine, he kind of looked at me weirdly so I said no the piles will be grand now after prescription, He was actually telling me to hop up and we look at the baby ha ha I was mortified when he was listening to the baby I thought something was wrong I asked was everything ok he just laughed n said I’m just laughing at you thinking I was going to look at your piles.  It was so funny n mortifying ha ha ha

mrs ed
    Participant

At my last check up I said it to my male doctor and he just gave me presciption just said oh ya very common, then he said do you want to hop up on the table and we have a look.  I was stressed I said no no your grand it’s fine, he kind of looked at me weirdly so I said no the piles will be grand now after prescription, He was actually telling me to hop up and we look at the baby ha ha I was mortified when he was listening to the baby I thought something was wrong I asked was everything ok he just laughed n said I’m just laughing at you thinking I was going to look at your piles.  It was so funny n mortifying ha ha ha

Netz
    Participant

I’ve suffered with them for a while, well, had them bad a couple of years ago, never pregnant and only 27 now, so was 24/25. I was so miffed, thought this is something that only happens to old men and pregnant women – why me!!?
    Anywho, got script for scheriproct from my gp, ointment and suppositories. At 1 stage I had a really bad day in work and went into my chemist at lunchtime (the 1 who filled my scripts anyway) and asked him what I could get OTC, and he gave me the anusol hc ointment & suppositories too, (and paracetamol) and I’d swear there’s something magic in that stuff, ’cause I’d much prefer it to the scheriproct! Just don’t get freaked out by the white poo (just white on the outside, but you don’t exactly be looking that close) if you’re using the suppositories. I used to panic that the loo in work might not flush right and someone would go in after me and see white poo. Least of my worries really, looking back!

Netz
    Participant

Oh, sory, baby-brain, I meant to say I also got refered to a surgeon to deal with them. He had a look up my bum, and used a little gun yoke to put elastic bands around the base of each hemerroid and that cuts off the blood supply, killing it so it drops off. I wouldn’t advise anyone to do that unless they are having SERIOUS problems, ’cause I found it extremely uncomfortable (SORE!!! but they don’t call it sore in the hospital, they call it an uncomfortable feeling of pressure), and the piles still came back a while later.

mrsjay
    Participant

MRS ED, that made me laugh. imagine if you’d said ok and dropped your pants, when he just wanted to see your tummy!!!! mortified.

why i’d read this topic actually is that i was really sore there a few weeks ago and got the cream and supps. the pain gone now and no visible piles but i swear i loose so much fresh red blood everytime i poo. anxious to see what my bloods are next time cause this cant be good. does anyone else bleed? am with nurse on mon for check up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. ! or register!