noscript

Home Forums Pregnancy Moms-to-be Expat mom moving to Ireland

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Soledad 3 months ago.

• Author

Soledad
    Participant

Hi ladies!

How are you? My name is Sole, I was born and raised in Argentina and I am 32 years old and 11 weeks pregnant with my first child.

My husband and I are moving to Ireland as he is being permanently relocated by his employer. I am excited as I heard great things about Ireland, but on the other hand extremely nervous as it´ll be all new and we´ll be all by ourselves there. Also, your health system is so different from ours! Here you have the same doctor throughout the whole pregnancy, you deliver with him/her in clinics that look like hotels, in private rooms, get one scan per month, etc. and it´s all “wait free” (yes, this country has many problems but health services ain´t one of them!)

Anyway, all new for me. And I don´t even know where to start! We´ll be moving in the first days of May and I would like to get as much help and guidance as I can get. One thing I´m very happy about is I heard only the best things about the Irish and how friendly and caring they are.

Thanks for reading and for any advice you can provide.

Regards,

Sole

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. ! or register!