Two-Cheese And Tomato Tart
This is a tasty tart whether hot or cold, so as well as evening meals it’s lovely for lunch or even packed up in a picnic. Puff pastry sheets may well be one of the world’s greatest inventions!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 150g soft cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 120g Cheddar, grated
- Salt and black pepper
- Small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Large knob of butter
- 120g baby spinach leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200°/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Lay the tomato slices in a single layer on a large sheet of kitchen paper. Cover with another layer of paper and allow to drain for approximately 30 minutes so as not to end up with a soggy tart.
2. Unroll the pastry onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use a fork to prick the pastry base all over to stop it puffing up.
3. Spread the cream cheese in a thin layer over the entire pastry base. Sprinkle evenly with the Cheddar and then arrange the tomato slices over the cheese. Season generously with salt and black pepper and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Meanwhile, wilt the spinach in a small pan with a large knob of butter and lots of black pepper.
5. Remove the pastry from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for five minutes, then cut into squares and serve with the wilted spinach.
Per Serving: 692kcals, 49.4g fat (20.3g saturated), 46.3g carbs, 5.6g sugars, 18.4g protein, 4.2g fibre, 0.591g sodium.
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!