Halloumi With Roasted Vegetables & Pesto Recipe
This is a quick and tasty dish that would work well with any vegetables you have in your fridge. Whether it’s pan-fried, griddled or served fresh, Halloumi is a delicious and filling cheese that goes well with a variety of flavours.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 150g button mushrooms, halved
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, whole
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- 500g halloumi, thickly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place all the vegetables and garlic in a roasting tin. Season them well with salt and black pepper, drizzle generously with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until golden and tender. Arrange the slices of halloumi on top and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the halloumi is golden.
- Divide the vegetables and halloumi between serving plates and drizzle with basil pesto. Serve with crusty garlic bread.
Per Serving 577kcals, 39.1g fat (23.4g saturated), 30.2g carbs, 9.2g sugars, 32.5g protein, 8.1g fibre, 1.271g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!