Creamed Spinach-Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
Looking for something tasty, meatless and filling? Try these out for size!
- 50g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 heaped tbsp plain our
- 300ml milk
- 80g fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 4 thin slices of tomato
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C/gas mark 5 and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the garlic. Cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 1-2 minutes. Add the milk a little at the time, whisking the sauce smooth each time before adding the next splash.
- Add the spinach and a pinch of nutmeg and season generously. Cook for 3-4 minutes longer until the spinach is wilted.
- Place the mushrooms in the prepared baking dish and fill with the creamed spinach. Top each mushroom with a slice of tomato.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft and the creamed spinach is just beginning to turn golden brown on top. Serve with pan-fried potatoes.
Per Serving 366kcals, 23.9g fat (14.9g saturated), 27.9g carbs, 8.1g sugars, 14.4g protein, 4g fibre, 0.329g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!