Chicken And Vegetable Casserole
Cut down on time and energy, with this delicious and oh so simple chicken dish.
For a budget meal use 8 chicken drumsticks or thighs instead of the chicken fillets, and cook for about 15 minutes longer. (Remove the skin from legs and thigh before frying.) To mix things up, you can use chorizo instead of bacon.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 rashers Bacon, fat removed and diced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 Chicken fillets
- 1 Pinch Seasoning
- 300 ml Chicken Stock (try to get a low salt version)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC /Gas Mark 4
- Slice and dice onion and bacon, heat oil in a frying pan, add onions fry for 2 minutes.
- Add to the onions, fry for a few minutes. Place the contents of the frying pan into a casserole dish.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes to casserole dish. Stir. Season lightly
- Seal the chicken breasts in the heated oil until a golden brown, and place on top of vegetables in the casserole dish.
- Make up the chicken stock and pour over the vegetables, but not over the chicken.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Baste with juices a few times during cooking.
- Serve directly onto warm plates, with a green vegetable (we love peas) and baby boiled potatoes or rice.