Pork Tacos With Corn And Nectarine Salsa
Tacos are one of those great dishes which look special, but only require some chopping to create, and can be made using leftover pork (possibly from Pork & Sweet Potato Hash). Are you nervous of the nectarine? Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it! You can always serve it in a separate bowl if it’s a self-assembled meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 x 198g tin of sweetcorn
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 ripe nectarine, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 600g leftover pork
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 100g cabbage, shredded
1. Heat half a tablespoon of the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sweetcorn, red pepper and chilli and cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly charred. Remove to a bowl and add half the lime juice, another tablespoon of olive oil and the nectarine. Season and toss to coat.
2. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and add the leftover pork. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until heated through.
3. Grill the tortillas for one minute on each side until lightly golden. Toss the cabbage with the juice from the other half of the lime. Place two tortillas on each of four plates, and divide the pork evenly among the tortillas. Top each taco with some cabbage and corn salsa.
Per Serving 670kcals, 41g fat (13.1g saturated), 37.2g carbs, 6.2g sugars, 40g protein, 5.6g fibre, 0.13g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!