Tuna & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Recipe
Looking for something quick, easy, filling and super tasty? This is the one for you! It's a really handy recipe as you're more than likely to have most of the ingredients in your storecupboard. If you don't have any Parmesan, then some grated cheddar cheese will work just as well. Enjoy.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15- 20 minutes
- 240g wholewheat penne or rigatoni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 x 160g tins of tuna packed in oil, drained
- 30g sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 60g Parmesan, grated
- Salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the tuna, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano and lemon juice and cook for 3-4 minutes longer.
- Add the pasta and half of the Parmesan. Season with salt and black pepper and stir to combine well.
- Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
Per Serving 406kcals, 14.7g fat (4.2g saturated), 34.6g carbs, 33.1g sugars, 33.1g protein, 0g fibre, 0.236g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!