Spicy Prawn "Po'boys" With Lime-Avocado Sauce Recipe
This tasty and spicy prawn dish is absolutely delicious! Impress your friends and family with this traditional submarine sandwich from Louisiana.
- 450g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 soft bread rolls or crusty baguettes
- Baby gem lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Pickled gherkins, optional
- Tabasco sauce, optional
For the lime-avocado sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 4 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp plain natural yoghurt
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas mark 6 and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the prawns and toss to coat. Place them in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by placing the avocado, mayonnaise, yoghurt, lime juice and salt in a food processor. Whizz until smooth.
- Spread the bread rolls with generous dollops of the lime and avocado sauce. Fill them with lettuce, slices of tomato and gherkins and top with baked prawns. Drizzle with Tabasco, if desired, and serve immediately.
Per Serving 484kcals, 21.6g fat (4g saturated), 39.9g carbs, 7.2g sugars, 32.7g protein, 5.6g fibre, 0.515g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!