Prawn Linguine With Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
Serve this tasty prawn dish with a crisp, green salad and some freshly baked garlic bread. Spaghetti or any other pasta can be used in place of the linguine.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-15 minutes
- 350g linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 450g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 250ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 80ml fresh lemon juice
- Large knob of butter
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 120ml cream
- Small handful of parsley or basil, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well, reserving about 250ml of the pasta water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add one crushed garlic clove along with the chilli flakes and prawns. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the prawns turn pink. Remove to a plate.
- Return the same pan to a medium-high heat and add the stock, the remaining crushed garlic and the lemon juice. Allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Allow to simmer gently for five minutes, then add the butter, stirring until it melts.
- Add the lemon zest and cream. Allow the sauce to reach a gentle simmer, then add the pasta and prawns. Toss to combine and season to taste. If the sauce is too thick to coat the pasta easily, stir in a splash or two of the reserved pasta water.
- Divide between bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley or basil. Serve immediately.
551kcals, 21.2g fat (10g saturated), 51.9g carbs, 0.7g sugars, 36.7g protein, 0g fibre, 0.543g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!