One-Pot Prawn Couscous
If you’re looking for something that feels special but is super easy to make, then this prawn couscous is for you. It can all be made in one pot in less than 20 minutes; and if you keep peas and prawns in the freezer, it can be thrown together with the contents of your fridge (plus pistachios!) with very little concentration.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 450g cooked prawns
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 180g couscous
- 480ml chicken stock
- 60g frozen peas
- 30g shelled pistachios, chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Top Tip: This recipe also works well with leftover cooked chicken!
1. In a bowl, season the prawns with the cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and toss so that they are well coated.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion and pepper for 4-5 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Add the couscous and chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook for about five minutes or until all of the stock has been absorbed. Add the peas and prawns and cook for two minutes until prawns are just heated through.
4. Divide between serving bowls and garnish with pistachios and parsley.
Per Serving: 415kcals, 9.7g fat (1.7g saturated), 46g carbs, 3.7g sugars, 34.9g protein, 5.2g fibre, 0.719g sodium.