Mini Salmon And Leek Pies
These Mini Salmon and Leek Pies look great served individually for guests (or frozen as individual portions for meals in minutes) but can also be cooked in a larger single oven-proof dish if you prefer – you’ll just need to extend the cooking time slightly. Delicious.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- Olive oil spray
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 30g Parmesan, grated
- 20g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 360ml chicken stock
- 100g soft cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 500g skinless salmon fillets, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 160g frozen peas, quickly blanched in hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
2. Spray four individual 250ml-capacity ovenproof dishes with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until softened slightly.
4. Add the flour and cook, whisking, for two minutes. Whisking continuously, pour in the stock and keep whisking until combined. Cook, stirring, for five minutes or until the mixture comes to the boil.
5. Add the cream cheese and tarragon and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
6. Add the salmon and peas and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through. Spoon into the prepared dishes.
7. Sprinkle with the Parmesan breadcrumbs and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with mashed potato.
Per Serving: 400kcals, 21.8g fat (10.4g saturated), 22.1g carbs, 3.8g sugars, 30.1g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.864g sodium