Laxpudding (Swedish Smoked Salmon Gratin) Recipe
This is a warming dish that will go down a treat on a cold winter evening. Balance the richness of this dish with a crisp green salad. You could use any type of smoked fish, but it works particularly well with smoked salmon.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 700g potatoes, peeled and sliced 0.5cm thick
- 4 eggs
- 300ml whole milk
- 100ml double cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 30g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 250g smoked salmon, chopped
- Handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Green salad with vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan/gas mark 2.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 7-8 minutes until just barely tender. Rinse under cold water, then drain and pat dry with a clean towel. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, a little salt and a generous amount of black pepper.
- Grease a baking dish with melted butter. Lay a third of the potatoes on the base and top with half of the salmon and half of the dill. Top with another third of the potato slices, then the remaining salmon and dill. Finish with the remaining potatoes. Pour over the egg mixture and add a generous grinding of black pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden on top and bubbling around the edges. Serve with a simple green salad dressed with vinaigrette.
Per Serving 444kcals, 24.4g fat (12.6g saturated), 33.9g carbs, 5.9g sugars, 23.6g protein, 4.6g fibre, 1.455g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!