Easy Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
An absolutely delicious way to eat chicken, this recipe is one of our favourites! Perfect with noodles or rice.
- 4 chicken fillets
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 80ml honey
- 120ml soy sauce, or tamari for gluten-free
- 60ml rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 60ml water
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Spring onions, chopped
- Soba noodles or rice
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken fillets between two sheets of clingfilm. Use a rolling pin to pound them until they are an even thickness, but without pounding them too thin. Arrange the chicken fillets in the bottom of the baking dish and scatter over the onion.
- In a bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Remove from the oven. Slice the chicken, then transfer to a serving plate with the onions. Set aside.
- Transfer the teriyaki sauce to a saucepan set over a medium-high heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the water and cornflour until the cornflour is completely dissolved.
- Pour the cornflour mixture into the teriyaki sauce and whisk to combine.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, and let it boil for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onions, then serve the teriyaki with soba noodles or rice.
Per Serving 406kcals, 10.3g fat (2.8g saturated), 33.7g carbs, 25.1g sugars, 42g protein, 1.4g fibre, 1.983g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!