Chiang Mai Curry Noodles Recipe
This recipe is pretty quick to throw together and super tasty! A lovely warming recipe to fill you up after a hard day. If you want to make it a lighter dish, you could use reduced-fat coconut milk instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- 3 nests of egg noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 4 chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Large handful of fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions until just cooked. Drain well, then rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan over a high heat. Add the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring, until aromatic.
- Add the turmeric, stock and coconut milk and stir to combine. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Stir in the sugar, fish sauce and basil leaves.
- Divide the cooked noodles among serving bowls. Ladle over the soup. Scatter with some extra basil to serve.
Per Serving 585kcals, 36.3g fat (24.7g saturated), 21.7g carbs, 6.3g sugars, 44.4g protein, 2.9g fibre, 1.016g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!