One-Pot Cheesy Beef Penne Pasta Recipe
For this yummy recipe, if you don’t have Italian seasoning, use half a teaspoon each of dried basil and oregano. If you want, you can transfer the finished mixture to a baking dish, top with breadcrumbs and bake at 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 for 10-15 minutes until the top is golden and crunchy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 150ml milk
- 200ml cream
- 480ml beef stock
- 350ml tomato passata
- Pinch of sugar
- 300g penne (or other short pasta)
- 300g Cheddar, Mozzarella or a combination, grated
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the beef mince and cook for 4-5 minutes until thoroughly browned, using a wooden spoon to break up any lumps. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the onions, pepper and garlic and cook for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato purée, chilli flakes (if using) and Italian seasoning and stir to combine. Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- Add the milk, cream, beef stock, passata and sugar and stir to combine. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil, then add the pasta. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until the pasta is cooked through and the mixture is thickened.
- Add the cheese, stirring well to combine everything into a creamy, cheesy mixture. Taste and add salt and black pepper as needed. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Per Serving 364kcals, 10.4g fat (4.1g saturated), 29.6g carbs, 4g sugars, 35.6g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.529g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister websiteeasyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!