Beef And Vegetable Stir-Fry
This delicious beef and vegetable stir fry proves you don't need a take-away to get awesome Asian flavours in a matter of moments! The marinade can be made in advance (or left out completely if you're stuck for time) and adds a real depth to the flavour of the beef. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 minutes - 2 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the marinade/sauce:
- 100ml soy sauce
- 100ml beef stock, at room temperature
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 450g sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 4 nests of medium egg noodles
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or toasted sesame oil
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 a head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1/2 a head of cabbage, shredded
- Sesame seeds
1. In a jug, combine the soy sauce, stock, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Transfer half of the mixture to a large sealable plastic bag and add the sliced beef. Press out as much air as possible, seal the bag and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to two hours.
2. Add the cornflour to the remaining mixture in the bowl and stir until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Bring a pan of water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
4. While the noodles are cooking, heat half of the oil in a large pan over a high heat. Add the steak slices, discarding the excess marinade. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until just browned, then remove to a plate. Tent loosely with tin foil and set aside.
5. Add the remaining oil to the same pan and cook the pepper, onion, carrots and broccoli for 2-3 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Return the beef to the pan.
6. When the noodles are ready, drain well and then add to the beef and vegetables. Add the reserved sauce and toss to coat everything. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve hot.
Per Serving 437kcals, 16.5g fat (4.5g saturated), 31g carbs, 6.9g sugars, 40.7g protein, 4.9g fibre, 0.957g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!