Sea Salt Chocolate Tart Recipe
This chocolate is simply decadent and it’s advisable to serve it in small slices due to its richness. You could even serve with a raspberry coulis or fresh berries on the side with the whipped cream. A good dessert to make in advance, as it can be frozen.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2.5 hours
- 1 x 375g sheet of shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt, plus extra to serve
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50ml fresh milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Cover with parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the beans and paper and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine the cream, sugar and salt in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring frequently. As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and chocolate until melted.
- Leave to sit for one minute, then stir in the milk until the mixture is shiny.
- Pour into the tart shell and leave at room temperature for about two hours until set.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes over the top and serve with whipped cream.
Per Serving 530kcals, 40.4g fat (17.3g saturated), 37.8g, carbs, 14.3g sugars, 5.3g protein, 1.3g bre, 0.131g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!