Chocolate Mousse With Irish Cream Liqueur Recipe
Woo your loved one with this luxurious chocolate dessert, after all the way to the heart is through the stomach. This dessert goes nicely with some fresh berries on the side.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 85g dark chocolate, chopped
- 180ml heavy cream, divided
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Small pinch of salt
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate, grated
- For the topping:
- 50ml cream, thickened
- ½ tbsp Irish cream liqueur
- Dark chocolate, grated
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat 120ml of the heavy cream in a pan with the sugar and salt over a medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and the cream just comes to a boil.
- Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chopped chocolate. Allow to stand for 20-30 seconds, then stir until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and whisk until combined and creamy. Let cool for five minutes.
- Whisk the remaining heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until thoroughly combined, then gently fold in the rest of the cream and grated chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into two martini glasses or wine glasses, leaving a 2cm gap at the top. Cover and refrigerate for three hours until set.
- Whisk the thickened cream and cream liqueur together until the mixture forms stiff peaks, then spoon the cream over the top of each mousse. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and serve chilled.
Per Serving 712kcals, 53.8g fat (34.8g saturated), 47.3g carbs, 6.9g sugars, 6.9g protein, 2g fibre, 0.175g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!