Caramelised Lemon Pancakes Recipe
If you like your pancakes with sugar and lemon, you’ll love these! Orangse will taste just as nice if you don't have any lemons.
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 180ml milk
- 120ml water
- 120g plain flour
- 45g melted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 250ml water
- 15g butter
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Make the pancakes first. Whisk together the eggs, milk, water, flour and butter until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Melt some butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pour some batter into the bottom of the pan, then lift and tilt the pan around so the batter forms an even coating. Cook for 40 seconds, then flip and cook for another 10 seconds. Keep warm and set aside while you make the topping.
- Heat the sugar, cornflour and water in the pan, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat until the mixture has reduced by half. Stir in the butter, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Fold the pancakes into quarters and add to the pan to warm through. Serve immediately with whipped cream.
Per Serving 252kcals, 10.4g fat (6g saturated), 36g carbs, 18.5g sugars, 5.1g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.093g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!