Low-Sugar Sweet Potato & Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Looking for a low-sugar sweet treat? This muffin recipe is diabetic-friendly, and suitable for anyone following a low sugar diet. Plus, they're super tasty!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 - 25 minutes
- 400g sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
- Cooking spray
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 170g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 50g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line ten holes of a standard12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place the sweet potato chunks on a baking tray and coat with a little cooking spray or melted coconut oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until soft enough to mash. Allow to cool, then mash with a potato masher or whizz in a food processor.
- In a bowl, mix together 250g of sweet potato mash (you might have some left over), yoghurt, oil and eggs until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon, ground almonds, coconut flour and baking powder. Stir together.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry one and combine thoroughly. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined holes and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tray for five minutes, then turn the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving 197kcals, 15.6g fat (6g saturated), 10.6g carbs, 3.1g sugars, 6.1g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.148g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!