Spicy Chorizo Soda Pizza Recipe
Fancy a homemade pizza, but can't be bothered making up the dough? Try using soda bread as your base! These tasty pizzas are so tasty and really quick to make.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 Slices buttermilk soda bread
- 8 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 200g Mozzarella or Cheddar, grated
- ½ each of a small red, yellow and green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 150g chorizo, thinly sliced
- 2 mild green chillies, thinly sliced into rings
- 100g black olives, pitted
- About 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Preheat the grill if you prefer a crispier base. If using the grill, arrange the soda breads, cut-side up, on a grill rack and cook until lightly toasted.
- Spread the sun-dried tomato pesto over the cut side of the soda breads and scatter the Mozzarella or Cheddar on top. Add the mixed peppers, chorizo slices, green chilli rings and black olives, then drizzle a little olive oil over each soda pizza.
- Arrange the prepared soda pizzas on a large baking tray and bake for about eight minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the edges are lightly toasted. Put the spicy chorizo soda pizzas on warmed plates to serve.
Per Serving 884kcals, 60.9g fat (18.7g saturated), 101.4g carbs, 7.6g sugars, 38.6g protein, 6.8g fibre, 3.604g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!