Healthy Mushroom Soup Recipe
Filling, warming, low-calorie and easy to make, this Healthy Mushroom Soup Recipe is perfect for a tasty lunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Large knob of butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 10-12 black peppercorns
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 300g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 240ml vegetable stock
- 240ml milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6-7 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, bay leaf, thyme and peppercorns, stir together and cook for one minute.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms and stock. Stir everything together and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, place the lid on the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend the rest until smooth using a stick blender or in the bowl of a food processor.
- If using a food processor, return the soup to the pan. Place it back over the heat and bring to a boil. Add the milk and adjust the seasoning.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and add a swirl of crème fraîche and chopped parsley.
Per Serving: 166kcals, 9.7g fat (5.2g saturated), 16.5g carbs, 4.7g sugars, 5.3g protein, 3g fibre, 0.306g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!