Roasted Tomato & Red Pepper Soup Recipe
This lovely, warming Roasted Tomato & Red Pepper Soup Recipe is tasty, low in calories, and perfect for lunch!
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ a large onion, chopped into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 x 400g tins of whole plum tomatoes
- 240ml vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 120ml fresh milk
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Mozzarella in carroza
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, onion, pepper and chilli on a rimmed baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season generously with salt and black pepper and sprinkle with the oregano. Toss to coat. Roast for 40-45 minutes, or until the veggies are tender and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large pot over a medium-high heat, place the roasted vegetables with all of their juices, along with the stock, tomato purée and the tinned tomatoes. Add another pinch of salt and pepper, stir and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Use a food processor or stick blender to purée the soup until smooth.
- Return to the pot and add the milk. Cook for 8-10 minutes longer over a medium-low heat. Garnish with basil, if desired, and serve with Mozzarella in carrozza.
Per Serving 147kcals, 5.5g fat (1.2g saturated), 22.4g carbs, 14.3g sugars, 5.6g protein, 5.9g fibre, 0.279g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!