Creamy Tomato & Sausage Pasta Recipe
This delicious and filling recipe takes no time to throw together. Perfect for dinner, or in a smaller portion for lunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 200g sausages, cut into chunks
- 2 rashers, chopped
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 400g tomato passata
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g spaghetti
- 50ml cream
- 60g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the sausages for 5-7 minutes, turning frequently, until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat under the frying pan to medium-low and cook the rashers and onions for about four minutes until the rashers are crisp and the onions are soft.
- Stir in the garlic and mixed herbs until combined. Cook for one minute until fragrant. Add the sausages back to the pan.
- Stir in the tomato passata and purée until combined. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 9-11 minutes until al dente.
- Add the cream and grated Parmesan into the sauce and stir until incorporated.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the sauce, tossing to combine. Serve hot with garlic bread.
Per Serving 413kcals, 17g fat (6g saturated), 43.2g carbs, 3.8g sugars, 21.8g protein, 0g fibre, 0.367g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!