Bean & Cheese Taco Recipe
This recipe is super quick, super yummy, & perfect for a tasty lunch for you or the kids. You can add extra veggies if you want, or use soft tortilla instead of taco shells to mix things up.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 120g Cheddar
- 1 x 400g tin of refried beans
- 1 x 226g jar of mild salsa
- 8 hard taco shells
- Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces and grate the Cheddar (you may need an adult to help you do this).
- In a small microwave-proof bowl, combine the beans with about three-quarters of the salsa. Microwave on a high setting for one minute, then take it out and stir. Microwave it again for another minute until hot.
- Divide the taco shells among four plates and spoon the bean mixture into the shells.
- Top with the lettuce, Cheddar and remaining salsa.
Per Serving 387kcals, 12.6g fat (3.6g saturated), 51.1g carbs, 4.5g sugars, 18.5g protein, 8.1g fibre, 0.996g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!