Sprinkle Cake Recipe
This beautiful cake is perfect for any birthday or special occasion. A firm favourite of ours, this impressive sprinkle cake is pretty straightforward to make, but its brightly coloured exterior (made with 'hundreds and thousands') and light vanilla flavour will be the centre of attention at any party.
- Make 1 Basic Vanilla Sponge Cake (recipe here) to fill 2 x 20cm round sandwich tins
- Make 1 Basic Buttercream Icing (recipe here)
- 130g nonpareils, Hundreds & Thousands, or sprinkles of choice
- Thick ribbon
- Sandwich the two cakes together with a bit of the buttercream, then spread the rest around the sides and over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour until the icing is hard. This helps the sprinkles stick later.
- Place the cake on a parchment-lined baking tray and quickly press the sprinkles into the sides and top of the cake. If the icing gets too soft, pop the cake back into the fridge to firm up.
- Tie a ribbon around the centre of the cake with a nice bow to serve.
Per Serving 473kcals, 22.9g fat (13.3g saturated), 63g carbs, 50.1g sugars, 3.3g protein, 0g fibre, 0.164g sodium
This gorgeous recipe is courtesy of our sister website easyfood.ie. Easy Food is Ireland’s go-to source for all things food. It is the ultimate cooking and kitchen guide for home cooks, from fail-safe recipes to expert tips from our very own custom-built test kitchen. Visit easyfood.ie for more great recipes, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of our magazine!