Prepare for trick or treaters this Halloween with these exciting Monster Muffins. Children will love helping to bake these spooktacular creations which are super easy to make. For extra pointed tops on your muffins, make your mixture the day before and store in the fridge overnight. Courtesy of Siúcra.
- 100g butter
- 75 ml milk
- 145g Siúcra Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5g baking powder
- 15g potato starch
- Vanilla essence to flavour
- 150g plain flour
- 24 candy lollipops
- Siúcra Icing Sugar
- Orange food colouring
- Selection of liquorice sweets
- Melt the butter in a pot on a very low heat and add the milk. Heat through taking care not to let the mixture boil.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix the baking powder, potato starch, vanilla essence, Siúcra Granulated Sugar and flour together and gradually add to the egg mixture, alternating with the milk mixture. If you leave the mixture in the fridge overnight, your muffins will have extra pointed tops.
- Pour the mixture into 12 paper cases or greased muffin cups. Bake at the centre of the oven at 225°C for about 12 minutes.
- Mix the Siúcra Icing Sugar, a little water and food colouring in a saucer and dip the surface of the muffins into it. Leave to dry.
- Press the lollypops into the muffins and stick the sweets onto the lollipops by making a tick paste out of Siúcra Icing Sugar and water and using as a glue.