Baby’s Development – Week 25
Your little man’s milestones, such as sitting up and crawling, will start happening gradually over the coming weeks and months. Encourage him to sit up by propping him up with cushions. Tempt him to crawl by placing his favourite toys just out of reach so he has to move forward to get them.
A nutritious diet for baby
Putting some time and thought into making the right food choices for your baby’s development will have long lasting benefits for his future health. In addition to ensuring your baby is getting sufficient amounts of all the food groups daily, also try to include foods rich in omega 3, Vitamin D, Iron and Vitamin C.
Has your little man started babbling away? Baby chat usually begins with your baby repeating words he hears such as ‘mama’ and ‘baba’. Reading to him and playing word games such as holding up objects and repeating the name of the object will encourage him to talk.
Treating a fever
When treating a fever, remember that the key is to keep your baby cool:
- Dress him in cool clothes, or just leave him in his nappy to cool down
- Increase fluid intake to replace the fluid lost as sweat
- Sponge part of the body at a time with a wrung-out cloth with cool water (not cold), while keeping the rest lightly covered with a towel.
- Your pharmacist or doctor will be able to recommend appropriate medication
- Be sure to consult your pharmacist or GP if you are unsure or need any help or advice.