Home Forums Pregnancy Moms-to-be Down Syndrome

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of antaoiseach antaoiseach 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mommy 1st
    Participant

Any one here with a child with down’s ?

sandy1
    Participant

Hi Mommy 1st,
    Did you by any chance have your baby in Nov or sometime last year ? I think i remember seeing ur posts in one of the boards.
    Just wondering how you got on ….
    Take Care

cw
    Participant

Hi Mommy 1st,
    I have a little girl called Aoibheann who has D.S.She is 14 months old and gorgeous though not without her health problems.
    I just read your post on new mums- so your little boy is about 4 months.How are you getting on.?I am here if you want to “talk”!
    - or I will post my email address.I also am in touch with a couple of other mums on the special needs section on rollercoaster .ie if you wnt to link in there.

mommy 1st
    Participant

Hi Cw

I would love your email address to talk cause some day’s I feel like i am the only one with a d.s child

mommy 1st
    Participant

Hi Sandy 1

No I had my son in October in st finbarr’s in cork ! Great bunch of nurses in there. It was a pure shock after the birth when they told us that our son has d.s and i was only 20 i was heart broken let me tell you

cw
    Participant

Hi there,
    It is caitlinwoods@eircom.net.
    Hopefully there are no weirdos reading this as I give my address out!
    Would love to chat anytime. I know what it is like!

antaoiseach
    Participant

Hi Mommy 1st,

I have a Down’s cousin who is 17 now, and I know the Downs Syndrome Association were a great help to my aunt at the time. They can put you in touch with other parents of Down’s children in your area and let you know when there are meetings, activities etc. I know my aunt got great benefit from it and I know my life and my familys lives have been enriched by the presence of my DS cousin – he made us all very proud at the Special Olympics last June

Best of luck with your little one,

An T

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. ! or register!